I recently asked my students where they get their freedom, in their homelands. They all inevitably answered that it was their countries and their governments which gave them Rights. I only slightly hesitated and that no nation granted them freedom, for it was a gift of God, instilled in the very genome of humanity. Since freedom is not granted by any government, people naturally forget that Power and Freedom are in always in conflict. Freedom either slinks away like a vapor, never aware that it was almost gone, until it is no more.
Freedom can only be snatched away from a people too dependent to stand alone, too afraid to take a risk, told that they are in an emergency and made to believe that only The One can fix it. This sorry and destructive role can only lead to the collapsing of the United States of America, much Rome, as the Republic and the Senate, slinked away into relative irrelevance. There will always be a nation here, the power brokers shall never divvy up such a great power as this nation possesses. But it shall cease to be the nation once founded on virtue, self-reliance, free thought and the expressions of those ideals.
Such a nation that has persuaded its people to hide under the great suffocating tunic of governmental deceit shall be ultimately and utterly cast out into a scorching realization that the world they had undervalued, expected, abused, was now one in which they, as the average man and woman, possessed nothing but utility and servile thoughts of every word before it is uttered. After America spent the past two decades seeking to move away from an all inclusive government, we are about to embark on a quest, The Second Republic; headlong into a Dictocracy.
I would be the last one to try to diminish all that Television and the Internet have given to the world, for good. I do believe the good outweighs the bad. Nevertheless, such wonderful sources of information and entertainment have given us an auberge where we can hide from the real world and cease to worry, or to be responsible to the place where we truly dwell. No, This lethargic people, this land of good and fickle masses has been awakened to see that all they worked for, all that they had achieved, the very source of survival into their years has been seized by those who were greedy and shameless.
Then, enters Congress, this group of thugs, those who not only think we are stupid, but are sure of it. They cannot be accused of so much under-the-table maneuvering, for they steal us blind, right under our noses. Now that Congress and the White House have made this weakened people see a future, for which the government, itself, is a co-conspirator, it is obvious the American people are Impoverished to such an extent that they feel the all consuming need to depend on the Government for every need. America has believed a lie.
How will those of us live in a world where, as he proposed, Obama will regulate the coordination of the development of life-saving drugs, supposedly to eliminate overlap of research for those studies that the Federal government funds. This is code language for the Quality of Life trumpeters who want to decide when a person should live or die. Every evil leader enslaved a people, and he accomplished it by taking away the people’s base of support and removing their source of survival, rendering a brave and powerful people at the mercy of a beast in Washington. So, are you surprised that our leaders do exactly what they know will not work?
In Holland, Freedom Party leader Geert Wilders posted the video of Fitna, which he had produced to expose the violent nature of Islam and the threat it poses to the West. Soon afterwards, the BBC and other news outlets reported that a Dutch court has ordered Wilders to be prosecuted for making the film. The Dutch court stated, “The Amsterdam appeals court has ordered the prosecution of member of parliament Geert Wilders for inciting hatred and discrimination, based on comments by him in various media on Muslims and their beliefs,” The court went on to say, “The court also considers appropriate criminal prosecution for insulting Muslim worshippers because of comparisons between Islam and Nazism made by Wilders,” The court also stated that, “In a democratic system, hate speech is considered so serious that it is in the general interest to… draw a clear line.” I am sure you are saying, “Thank God I live in America where it isn’t (yet) a crime to insult someone.”
Consider this; the laws on which the court charged the Dutch conservative political leader were not Dutch laws at all, but were anti-hate crimes written and enforced by the World Court of the United Nations. Europe adheres to such laws, though America has never honored them, at least until now. All conservative forces expect Barack Obama to write new hate-crime rules and laws into authority by Executive decree or through the Democratically-controlled Congress. In Fact, he does not even need to endure either of those maneuvers. He can simply decide that it is the position on the United States of America that our country shall give respect to World Court and adhere to its rulings, and it is sure that he will do so, all wrapped up in the mantle of protecting freedom and unity of the world for peace.
Five minutes after Obama took the reins of power, the official White House website took on an Orwellian slant by stating the Obama Administration intended to institute hate-crime legislation that would make it a crime to criticize gays by merely stating our opposition to the idea of same-gender relationships. Here are some excerpts of Obama’s agenda as described openly on the White House website:
"While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT (lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community) rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect." -- Barack Obama, June 1, 2007
• Expand Hate Crimes Statutes: In 2004, crimes against LGBT Americans constituted the third-highest category of hate crime reported and made up more than 15 percent of such crimes. President Obama cosponsored legislation that would expand federal jurisdiction to include violent hate crimes perpetrated because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical disability. As a state senator, President Obama passed tough legislation that made hate crimes and conspiracy to commit them against the law.
• Fight Workplace Discrimination: President Obama supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and believes that our anti-discrimination employment laws should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. While an increasing number of employers have extended benefits to their employees' domestic partners, discrimination based on sexual orientation in the workplace occurs with no federal legal remedy. The President also sponsored legislation in the Illinois State Senate that would ban employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
• Support Full Civil Unions and Federal Rights for LGBT Couples: President Obama supports full civil unions that give same-sex couples legal rights and privileges equal to those of married couples. Obama also believes we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions. These rights and benefits include the right to assist a loved one in times of emergency, the right to equal health insurance and other employment benefits, and property rights.
• Oppose a Constitutional Ban on Same-Sex Marriage: President Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2006 which would have defined marriage as between a man and a woman and prevented judicial extension of marriage-like rights to same-sex or other unmarried couples.
• Repeal Don't Ask-Don't Tell: President Obama agrees with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shalikashvili and other military experts that we need to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The key test for military service should be patriotism, a sense of duty, and a willingness to serve. Discrimination should be prohibited. The U.S. government has spent millions of dollars replacing troops kicked out of the military because of their sexual orientation. Additionally, more than 300 language experts have been fired under this policy, including more than 50 who are fluent in Arabic. The President will work with military leaders to repeal the current policy and ensure it helps accomplish our national defense goals.
• Expand Adoption Rights: President Obama believes that we must ensure adoption rights for all couples and individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation. He thinks that a child will benefit from a healthy and loving home, whether the parents are gay or not.
I for one will not let such lethal doses of totalitarian rule stop my voice, for it would take a gun or a knife to do so. I would lay down my life for a lesbian, a gay, or any man or woman at all, if I found them in danger. Where do you stand? It will be this government, now at the helm of the world, which will seek to make us all afraid to speak by passing laws that bind their words to one pattern of thought. This constitutes a dictatorship wrapped up in democratic virtue. America Has Believed A Lie!
So, there are two ways to enslave a people, Impoverish them to such an extent that they depend on the Government for every need and make them afraid to speak by passing laws that bind their tongues to one pattern of thought, at first ridiculing those who think outside the “Norm” and then imposing the government’s will in case that will certainly be challenged but never undermined. This constitutes a dictatorship wrapped up in democratic virtue. America Has Believed A Lie!
Senator Schumer, you are right, the American People don’t mind the Pork in the Stimulus because Congress and the White House are the American People now, and we are your slaves. So my fellow bleating lambs,
or any of Steven Clark Bradley's Novels?
Click on one of the excellent stores online to get your copy of Nimrod Rising.
Click One Of the Links Below
Author Steven Clark Bradley
Frokm The Mind of Steven Clark Bradley
Steven Clark Bradley @ Inspired Author
Steven Clark Bradley - Nikki Leigh Virtual Book Tours
Steven Clark Bradley @ The Power of The Written Word
Steven Clark Bradley @ Communati.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Blogtalk Radio.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Facebook
Steven Clark Bradley @ Twitter.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Xanga.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Amazon.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ yuku.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Bookmarket.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Published Authors.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Word That Work
Steven Clark Bradley @ Goodreads.com
Steven Clark Bradley @ Myspace.com