WELCOME TO THE CONTROVERSY! "This nation cannot be overthrown by battle. It would never allow itself to be. America can only be overthrown by removing its reason for greatness, its exceptionalism and existence as a force for world influence for good and freedom. The driving purpose that led our brothers and sisters to shed their blood for a new country and which drove a people and a President to hold fast to the premise that the nation could not be divided into two in the bloody civil war. Our vision of defeating evil, which gives our men and women in the military valor and a willingness to sacrifice in each of our American centuries, has been freedom. The greatest force for freedom has always been the Constitution of the United States. Now, this government, of the people disregards the people. Now these rights, for the people, seem to have been invalidated by a force that has no constitutional right to do so." - Author Steven Clark Bradley

Click Here To Go To Author Steven Clark Bradley's Amazon Author's Page

What's Special About - The President's Parasite by Jim Musgrave


In The President's Parasite, Jim Musgrave resurrects all that has gone missing in today's literature: originality. The title story is a Kafkaesque piece from the point-of-view of an intellectual tapeworm trapped inside a moronic president, and the satirical impact is worthy of Swift. The other stories range from a widower trapped inside the Clock Tower in Baghdad that he constructed, to a baseball pitcher who becomes a living vegetable after a batted ball strikes his head. All in all, there is something for everyone in this collection of 30 eye-popping stories from a truly gifted author.



Please take time read the book review I have posted below
that was published concerning The President's Parasite by Jim Musgrave. It gives a really good detailed look at the book and will help you appreciate the depth of the writer and the short stories he has woven into this very creative book. I think it will make you want to run out and get a copy of your own! Get a new taste of creativity and insight from a book that will make you love the short story all over again.
- Author Steven Clark Bradley


When you stop by, be sure to leave a comment and ask Jim a question. He's not only knowledgeable, but witty and imaginative. If you'd like to increase your chances of winning his book, stop at each blog visit and post a comment for Jim. Each comment enters you in a drawing for a free print copy at the end of the tour.


Book Review by
Kaye Trout for Kaye Trout's Book Review


Stephen King commented in one of his books-sorry I don't remember which one-that the popularity of short story compilations has lost favor with contemporary readers, and I guess he should know. If that is indeed the case, I would ask that you make an exception and consider reading Jim Musgrave's The President's Parasite and Other Stories as this is an exceptional book-contemporary, insightful, poignantly honest-a glimpse into the down- or back-side of life.



There is so much I'd like to say and excerpts I'd like to share, but that would make this review much too long. The first book I reviewed for this author was a novel titled Iron Maiden. It is my opinion that Jim's short stories reveal his true talent and gift. From his writings you will experience an intelligent, educated, aware person-socially and politically concerned about real life and our problems in this world. It is also clear that Jim has lived a lot of life in order to tell these tales. He's a good writer with a rich imagination, and the book is well-edited.


On second thought, I can't help but share a few excerpts from his writing with you.

From the Littlest Angel of San Diego, page 133:
"Daddy came back home soon after Brittany joined the angels to take care of Mother when she gets to heaven. He is helping me take care of Mother until she passes on. He isn't so bad, either, because he doesn't drink. Maybe I won't have to be the mother too long now. Daddy says we need a woman around the house to take care of the little ones. We all walk down to the place where the express comes into town. We never could afford a grave for Brittany, but Daddy always insists that he can see a little angel riding on the engine as it comes into view.


"I must admit, I can see her too, if I look closely. I can see the flowing yellow gown blowing in the wind, the knowing smile, the loving protection that we all need-even big diesel train mechanics. But, sometimes, late at night, when someone is shooting in the neighborhood, or a drunk is yelling out in the street, I can see the train rushing toward me, and I can't jump out of the way. There is no angel. There is only darkness and emptiness all around me."


From The Clock Tower of Baghdad, pages 180, 181 and 184:
"It was a brilliant plan! Dr. Hussein was going to let each leader in the world experience his invention until he or she entered the state of eternal bliss that he had experienced. No longer would they believe they were powerful or politically correct. Instead, the instant karmic reality of Level II Consciousness would send the infinite world into a state to total understanding and infinite peace!"


"As I push the button, the music stops, but I am instantly aware of a new light all around me. Sounds have become vibrations that I can feel. Colors can be smelled, and I can hear with incredible exactitude. A woman, holding the hand of a child walks toward me, down a long corridor. I wait. She comes into my cell, and it becomes a grotto. Birds are singing and a waterfall trickles down the sides of the green, cascading hills around us. We have morphed into paradise! It is Shahrzad and my son, Muhammad! And soon, as if to complete the miracle, my father, Ibrahim, comes into the light. He is no longer crippled. He walks with pride into my arms. I feel his body, and it is muscular and new, just as it was when I was a youth. And so, when I gaze into the pond before me, I can see I am young again, and the rapturous longing in my heart becomes overcome with joy!"


Jim Musgrave can say so much with so few words, and he does just that, quite beautifully. You won't be disappointed.


You can get your own copy of The President's Parasite by Jim Musgrave and learn a lot more about Jim Musgrave's writing by clicking the link below:

(Click Here) The President's Parasite by Jim Musgrave At Amazon.com

1 comment:

Nikki Leigh said...

Hi Steven

Nice information and thank you for recommending that people download the sampler - Jim has included an excerpt from each of his stories in the sampler and I had a great time reading the excerpts to figure out which stories I wanted to read first :)

Nikki Leigh
www.nikkileigh.com